Technical Writer - Culver City, CA
Duration : 6+ Months Contract
Job Description / Expectations
An excellent opportunity for a Technical Writer interested in contributing to a dynamic company in our Culver City office. High level responsibilities include create and update documentation, including online help files and pdf files to support the legal billing software. This is a three to six month contract which is renewable upon completion of initial contract.
Description • Partner with Technical Writers, Product Managers and other Subject Matter Experts to determine technical documentation needs.
• Ability to document complex topics, requiring analytical skills
• Understands and can operate in Agile Development environment.
• Maintains and updates documentation systems and has functional operating knowledge of development tools which integrate with online help requirements.
• Research and write/update existing or new technical documentation — including system maintenance and user manuals, online help systems, flow charts, API documents, and system overviews. Research phase may include reading about the project, consulting with developers and end users, reviewing specifications, requirements documents, user stories, running the software and attending meetings/demos to gather information.
• Follow established standards (department and those accepted in the profession) while writing and editing as well as makes recommendations for changes.
• Updates existing projects appropriately.
• Provide documentation estimates based on specifications and/or requirements document.
o At least five years in a software technical writing capacity, with at least five years documenting accounting and/or legal software.
Core Competencies and Skills o Conceptual knowledge of software development and data processing concepts.
o Excellent technical aptitude or ability to learn about new software and document functions.
o Firm understanding of accrual and cash accounting principles.
o Understands or considers audience needs and can adapt writing style to the appropriate audience.
o Ability to work independently as well as take guidance from existing staff.
o Ability to scope a project to determine technical documentation needs (e.g., documentation goals, end-user audience analysis, resources necessary, format for documentation, timeframe to complete documentation).
o Ability to scale projects appropriately to fit within tight deadlines.
o Ability to innovate and solve problems independently and creatively.
o Excellent written and oral communication skills that allow you to create high-quality documentation and communicate at highly technical as well as administrative levels.
o Is adaptable to different writing standards and practices and can offer pragmatic suggestions for improvement.
o Can adapt to the changing needs of a business and understands the needs of the business might sometimes override traditional technical writing and/or journalistic standards/practices.
o Proficiency in Microsoft Word or other word processing software.
o Extensive experience with Robohelp.
o Understanding of single source or DITA concepts.
o Positive attitude reflecting high motivation and enthusiasm.
Thanks & Regards,
Lead Technical Recruiter,
CAT Technology Inc.
411 Hackensack Avenue, 7th Floor
Hackensack, New Jersey
Voice: 201-257-5081 Ext 363
Fax: 201 342 2385
www.catamerica.com || www.cattechnologies.com ||
© ATD Sacramento Chapter Mail@tdsac.org
Thanks to the generosity of QuestionPro and its Survey Software we are able to track new and exciting data for our stakeholders. QuestionPro's advanced features allow us to collect responses and distribute vital information to participants.