Health Education Instructor II - Elk Grove, CA
Conducts health education classes using basic to moderately difficult or varied curriculum designed for the improvement of health of Kaiser members and non-members. May conduct classes of various health related topics.
Essential Functions:• Teaches and models self-management skills, concepts, resources and tools related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification to class participants.
• Assists participants in developing specific behavioral goals.
• Provides individual instruction and counseling as needed.
• Assesses needs of class participants and modifies class content or teaching methods to meet those needs.
• Applies evidence-based education techniques in teaching methods.
• Answers questions and provides class participants with appropriate resources of information.
• Arranges and coordinates room set-up, availability of materials and audio/visual equipment.
• Maintains records of training activities including attendance rosters, homework assignments, class evaluations and timesheets or phone TIME system.
• Administers and collects class evaluation forms and class fees.
• Conducts follow-up phones calls to participants including those who missed sessions to determine reason for absence, monitor progress of participants and answer related questions.
• Completes required continuous training and education such as those related to workplace safety, legal and regulatory compliance, accreditation and licenser requirements and department specific requirements.
• Maintains and promotes knowledge and utilization of resources related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification offered by Kaiser Permanente and through the community.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience teaching classes or conducting training programs.
• Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field to field of course instruction.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration• Licensed or professional credentials or certification in the field as appropriate to the course instruction.
Additional Requirements:• Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to function independently and exercise professional judgment.
• Demonstrated skills in teaching techniques and presentation.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of people with understanding of group dynamics.
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and group process.
• Basic knowledge of health concepts, preventive health care and behavior change.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Preferred Qualifications:• N/A
© ATD Sacramento Chapter Mail@tdsac.org
Thanks to the generosity of QuestionPro and its Survey Software we are able to track new and exciting data for our stakeholders. QuestionPro's advanced features allow us to collect responses and distribute vital information to participants.